Amon_RA has release a new recovery image for the Sprint CDMA Based Hero. Here is the release info and you can follow his progress over on the XDA Thread
This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen’s v1.4 recovery.The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.
This recovery is for the CDMA based Hero from Sprint only!
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Extended menu (with keyboard-shortcuts):
- Nandroid v2.2 backup and restore
- Regular update.zip flash
- Flash any .zip from your SD-card
- Wipe data + cache (factory reset)
- Wipe ext partition on SD-card
- Wipe Dalvik-cache on SD-card (NOT on /data !)
- Partition SD-card : 500MB Ext2, 32MB Swap, remaining Fat32
- Partition SD-card : Only Fat32
- Repair ext filesystem
- Convert ext2 to ext3
- Fix package UID mismatches
- Fix auto-rotate issues
- Toggle USB-Mass storage on and off
- Scripts available via adb :
- replaced the kernel with the cdma kernel from the Sprint Hero
- Updated build.prop
- renamed init.hero.rc to init.heroc.rc
If you like that, Try these....