It’s finally here, and it looks awesome.
I have been watching the ZiiEGG homepage for a while now and was very close to buying the developer phone. Now that they actually launched the real product, I am going to bite the bullet and order one.
Below are the main specs, hit the Read more link to read the full press release.
Also feel free to leave me some comments (yes, that’s how we get you to register on AndroidSPIN.com )
- Dual OS (Plaszma/Android)
- Named Trinity
- Full HD playback
- ZMS-05 powered
- Includes ZiiLife Software Suite- Videoconferencing software, media sharing, an app store, and educational software (for the MediaBook?)
- Quad-band GSM/tri-band WCDMA/HSDPA support up to 7.2Mbps
- 3.1-inch 480 x 800 OLED capacitive display
- Mini HDMI port
- 5-megapixel camera with autofocus
Below is the full press release.
Dec 01, 2009 (PRWeb.com via COMTEX) — ZiiLABS, a subsidiary of Creative Technology Ltd., today announced Zii TRINITY, a complete 3.5G/4G Smart Phone and development platform supporting the Optimized Android(TM) and native Linux(R)-based Plaszma(TM) operating systems. The Zii TRINITY delivers superior High Definition 1080p video output and accelerated 3D graphics to enable OEMs and ODMs to quickly and cost effectively bring differentiated Android and Plaszma- based solutions to market.
Superior multi-format media processing is enabled by ZiiLABS’ StemCell Computing array which lies at the heart of ZiiLABS’ ZMS-05 and ZMS-08 media-rich applications processors, offloading the ARM(R) CPU to deliver the low-power, high performance media-rich processing required of next-generation mobile devices. Accelerated OpenGL ES 3D graphics enable developers to create rich 3D experiences in the form of enhanced user interfaces, games and pedestrian navigation.
“The growth in Smart Phone use to incorporate multimedia features is driving the demand for manufacturers and operators to deliver differentiated products and services faster than ever before,” said Hock Leow, President of ZiiLABS. “The Zii TRINITY is a proven media-rich platform that offers our partners a complete market-ready solution with the built-in flexibility for customization. We are showcasing an exciting 3.5G concept phone at the Zii Summit 2009.”
Features of the Zii TRINITY 3.5G Concept Phone
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Tri-band WCDMA, HSDPA Cat 8 at 7.2mbps Full featured platform featuring
- ZMS-05 StemCell Processor
- Linux-based Zii Optimized Android and Plaszma Support
- Accelerated OpenGL ES 3D Graphics, Video, and Imaging
- 3.1″ 480×800 16M colour Active Matrix OLED with capacitive multi-touch
- Mini HDMI for 1080p video output
- Xtreme Fidelity(TM) X-Fi audio technology
- 5M pixel rear facing auto-focus camera
- VGA forward facing camera for video conferencing
- USB 2.0 Micro port for connectivity and charging
- MicroSD storage expansion and SIM card slots
- 256MB low-power DDR memory
- Integrated Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- Bluetooth 2.1 EDR and hardware
- GPS Composite Video output
- 1130mAH lithium polymer battery
The Zii TRINITY Platform can be supplied to potential cellphone manufacturers as a complete design package including schematics, Gerbers, mechanical drawings, Board Support Package, middleware and OS
A Zii Development Kit ‘3G Phone Edition’ provides a modular development platform that enables developers the flexibility to innovate around the Zii TRINITY platform to create product solutions based on their own preference of hardware components. The Zii Development Kit supports both the ZMS-05 and the recently announced ZMS-08 processors.
Future versions of the Zii Development Kit Phone Edition will be made available for 4G networks such as WiMAX or LTE.
Share This Article....
If you like that, Try these....