The guys over at Engadget have done us all a favor and put up a very thorough review of the soon-to-be released HTC Desire. While Desire could described as Nexus One with Sense and a few more buttons, there are some noteable features the make the HTC something well…desirable.
- DivX support and 720p video capture are not in the final build, though DixV support will be available in a future update.
- 576MB of RAM, 64MB more than Nexus One.
- Buttons: home, menu, back, search and a clickable optical trackpad
- Keep your power cable handy, battery drain is on par with N1 and HTC Legend
- 5mp camera does 5:3 wide still images and video is 800 x 480 resolution
- Flash Lite plugin
- No voice-to-text input
HTC Desire hits Vodaphone UK on April 8, Orange UK late April, and is rumored to be coming to T-Mobile in the States. Though, given Desire lacks US 3G/UMTS support that won’t be happening anytime soon. Head over to Engadget to see the full review as well as photos and video.