Cyanogen has released an update to his Android 2.1 (Eclair) ROM for the T-Mobile G1/T-Mobile MT3G called CyanogenMod-5 now at version v5.0.7 test 5
A few things to note if you are going to help Cyanogen out with testing his latest Rom. If you find any errors or bugs report them on Cyanogen’s page here. You can also review what others have been finding.
When you are posting your error get your dmesg and logcat. You can get your log by going to the app Log Collector app. it looks like this. It is already built into Cyanogen. Then report your error here with your log.
To get your demesg:
You need the adb Tool. The adb tool is included in the Android SDK. If you have already installed the Android SDK on your local machine, you will find adb in the
<sdk>/tools/ directory. If you do not have the Android SDK, download the latest version from this location and install it. http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Open up the command prompt on your PC.
Then type “adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt” when you get the dmesg.txt include that in your error report for Cyanogen to see.
—- 5.0.7 (pre)
* Resync with Google as of 05/05/2010
* New ARM optimizations in Bionic from Jim Huang @ 0xlab
* Superuser 2.0 from ChainsDD
* DeskClock style tweaks from Nathan Zachary
* Email signature support from Jarrett Vance
* Pin-lock and alternate lockscreen framework from _avatar
* Updated Japanese locales from Takuo Kitame
* Droid: Fix for 50% signal loss reporting bug on Motorola Droid (Boyd Bischke)
* Droid: Disable V8. It was breaking Epocrates and other applications
* D/S: Full support for Dream and Sapphire devices (eclair-ds branch)
* D/S: Gallery3D fixed for MDPI by dferreira@XDA
* D/S: Updated wallpapers and Launcher for MDPI
* D/S: Build various OMX components from source (via CodeAurora)
* Added Compcache and rzscontrol to the build
* D/S: libcamera originally reverse engineered by NCommander
* APN list updated by Paul Weiss, blunden, and PsychoI3oy.
* Downloader allows any file to download – thanks Eddie Ringle
* Kernel updated to 22.214.171.124
* Fix bug with where wrong organization is shown in-call (Boyd Bischke)
* Droid: Tweak the haptic feedback to better match stock (Adrynalyne)
* Droid: Enable Dialpad for OTA Activation (nuclear305)
* Several kernel patches from Christopher Lais (Zinx) to improve stability and support MT3G Fender/1.2
* D/S: Various driver issues causing battery drain were fixed by Zinx
* D/S: disable menu in lockscreen, fix incall mute, speed up the boot
* D/S: raise min cpufreq to 245MHz (Wes Garner)
* D/S: add Prash’s bootanimation
* Low memory killer was pimped out by San Mehat @ Google. Big interactivity boost especially on D/S
* Updated Phone patches from Cytown
* Dim the deskclock screensaver colors
* Fixed race conditions and notification bugs in MMS
* D/S: Using HTC “Turbo Mode” clock settings
* Fix issues with notification LED on D/S
* Added quick uninstall “Delete Zone” to Launcher and Launcher2 (Ander Webbs)
* Allow widgets in the Launcher default workspace (ported from Launcher2 by Lox)
* Fix race conditions and bugs in MMS app
* D/S: Enabled phone touch UI
* Compact drawer can be toggled for Launcher as well as Launcher2 now
* Added squisher script for release builds
* D/S: Don’t use msmsdcc_sdioirq, this leaves IRQs on all the time which can cause battery drain
* D/S: Fix RIL settings to improve performance
* N1: Trackball notification color blending option (from Ehud Shabtai http://github.com/eshabtai)
* Fix OpenVPN- manifest was using the wrong mtpd
* D/S: Kill logspam from OMX
* Another lowmemorykiller tweak from Zinx to take cache into account
* Turned off battery percentage display by default
* Added “omni-tether” from Wetarbyte for BT tether- needs pand which will be added in next rev
* System built using Zinx’s resource-sorter patch for aapt- may provide perf boost
Go grab the new release at Cyanogen’s AndroidSPIN Developer Homepage.
Source: HTC for the Adb Tool.