It seems like some of us Nexus One users, received an OTA update that updates the build number to FRF83. Unfortunately, if you are currently running the FRF72 update, you are going have to downgrade to FRF50 to install the latest build. As we know FRF50 is the 44MB update initially sent out by Google on the night of May 21st. That update file is here; signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF50.38d66b26.zip.
Pick from the respective list below:
- Stock Nexus One and want Android 2.2 without having to root
- Rooted Nexus One currently running Android 2.2 FRF50
- Follow this GUIDE first!
- Once you have successfully gone to a stock ROM without custom recovery, you are going to HAVE to download the original Android 2.1 update 1 update which you can find HERE.
- Lastly, look above to “Stock Nexus One and want Android 2.2 without having to root” and follow those instructions.
- Make sure you follow those instructions in order.
- It has been reported that some current FRF72 users are receiving the OTA and are able to install the update with no problem.
- It is rumored that you can start the update manually by going into the dialer and pressing *#*#Checkin#*#* (*#*#2432546#*#*)
- Also, If you are already running FRF72 there is no need to downgrade, just follow the following instructions.
- Stock Build Nexus One running Android 2.2 FRF72
- Download this file HERE
- Follow the guide
- Rooted Nexus One running Android 2.2 FRF72
This is the root method I used and know for a fact that it works, If you have any problems leave them in the comments and I’ll respond with hopefully an answer. If this method has worked for you let us know below. Thanks!
You can go to this thread in the AndroidSPIN Forums and discuss your problems and success stories in there.