Verizon has been busy with updates as the Motorola Droid X has started to receive Android 2.2 followed by the Samsung Fascinate as it is set to receive an OTA update, but Android 2.2 will not be coming in this update, nor a fix for that annoying GPS issue that has plagued many devices since launch.
The OTA update will bring a some enhancements and a few fixes, but nothing to really write home about, check it out below.
- Instant notification of Visual Voice Mail messages on your messaging bar.
- Improved syncing between your phone and email accounts.
- Prompt notification when switching to Airplane mode.
- Faster switching to 3G services from 1x.
- Easily search your phone during calls.
- Improved Enterprise Exchange password alerts.
- No Service audio alert removed.
That takes care of a few of the issues on that “known issues” list that was uncovered soon after launch, but that still leaves quite a bit of issues. Hopefully, when Android 2.2 hits for this device, we’ll see the remaining issues get worked out. There is no official date set for this maintenance update to begin, but we should see something by the end of the week.