The official Froyo build for the Samsung Captivate leak is here – unofficially. It seems like the Android 2.2 build leaked and you can get it on your devices without waiting for the OTA update.
Froyo build brings the following improvements to the Samsung Captivate:
- Colored icons in settings
- GPS Fix
- New keyboard
- Android 2.2 search widget
- GPS, Auto Rotation on notifications bar
- Darker menu theme
- Pop up notifications are darker
- New “Development USB” icon
- New app icons (AllShare, Clock, Calendar)
- Media Hub
- Nook app
- JIT Compiler
- Better Exchange support
- Android 2.2 Market improvements
- Improved notifications bar icons
- Pinch to zoom homescreens
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 available in Market and working!
To install 2.2 unto your device. You need the following:
Next, follow these instructions:
- Download the Android 2.2 Froyo update from designgears (the exe Odin flasher)
- Make sure your Captivate’s USB cable is plugged into the computer but not the phone.
- Open the .exe file on your Windows PC
- Put your phone into download mode by turning it off, holding down the volume keys and plugging the phone into your computer with the MicroUSB cord
- The .exe from designgears should now recognize your phone.
- Click “Start” to begin!
- Once it’s done, let it reboot itself up!
That should do it! If you try this on your Captivate, please leave us a comment below and let us know how it goes.