Motorola hasn’t abandoned this device yet as they have begun pushing out a maintenance update to this device with a decent amount of improvements and bug fixes. While Android 2.1 is supposed to come in late Q3/early Q4, this maintenance update could be prepping the device for the firmware upgrade, so maybe it’ll come soon.
Motorola issued the following statement in their Facebook page:
Enhancements and fixes include:
- Overall Phone Performance
- Users will notice a significantly improved overall performance and responsiveness to input requests, including: opening applications, answering calls, opening the Happenings widget, and downloading attachments and pictures within email.
- Additional Stability
- Improved stability, resulting in fewer occurrences of unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
- Bluetooth® Performance
- Improved performance and connectivity with other Bluetooth devices.
- Prevents erroneous notifications that a message has not been sent. Also resolves MMS sending / receiving functionality issues in certain scenarios.
- Improved touch screen sensitivity and touch response.
- SWYPE® Keyboard
- Includes updates to the latest version of the SWYPE software, resulting in improved overall perform of the application.
The OTA update will be rolling out in phases, so keep an eye on your device. Be sure to hit up the comments with other things you notice coming along with this update.
Via: Motorola, TMOnews
Share This Article....
If you like that, Try these....