Developers- only 30 days left to enter the $50,000 Grand Prize
Verizon Wireless is holding the ”2010 VDC Power Your App Contest” open to developers of BlackBerry and Android devices which ill end on December 17th, 2010. Verizon Wireless is looking for developers to “enter their most innovative, consumer-friendly and business-savvy apps.” For full rules and information please check out the official site.
If you’re interested, the categories and prizes are listed below.
Developers should focus on designing for one or all of the following categories:
- Connections – social networking, instant messaging, personalization
- Entertainment – movies and TV, video
- Lifestyle – shopping, fitness and health, travel and navigation
- Business – productivity, utilities, money management
- Information – education, news, weather, sports, leisure
Possible prizes include:
Grand Prize winner -
- $50,000 cash prize.
- 200% of application revenue for the first 12 months that the application is available on V CAST Apps store to a maximum of application revenue plus $100,000.
- Your application will be featured in the V CAST Apps store for eight weeks as well as the Verizon folder on Android Market.
- Your application will be featured on the entertainment and apps landing page of verizonwireless.com for two weeks.
- Your application will be featured in select consumer marketing campaigns, merchandising opportunities, and integration into our sponsorship programs.
- A trip with Verizon to Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, from February 13 through February 18, 2011. Winner must have a current passport.
People’s choice winner -
- $10,000 cash prize.
- Your application will be featured in the relevant category storefront of V CAST Apps store for four weeks as well as the Verizon folder on Android Market.
- Your application will be included in select Verizon Wireless marketing communication materials.
- You will receive a Verizon Wireless device with a retail value up to $500 and a $2,000 Verizon Wireless gift card.