Finally the people that bring us the ROMs, apps, and custom integrations get recognized and awarded for their hard work. After all what would Android be without them?
XDA is about community. It’s also about development. Without the hard work of the countless talented developers that share their work each day with the community, XDA wouldn’t be the place that it is.
In an effort to recognize those that are doing great things for our community, we’d like to introduce the Recognized Developer program. It’s simple: if you are a developer (and that includes ROM development, driver/kernel/script work, app development, etc) and post your work to XDA regularly, you are eligible for the benefits listed below (which is likely to become longer into the future).
The process is straight-forward:
1. Fill out a simple form.
2. We confirm that you are indeed who you say you are. (This is processed by a group of senior members and moderators.)
3. We will add you to a new usergroup that gains the following privileges:
- Access to a private forum where developers can correspond with other developers and/or XDA admins and mods
- A larger PM box
- No signature restrictions (except for oversized images or other unreasonable elements)
- A special user title
- Ability to close/open own threads
- Ability to delete tags on own threads
- A custom page on the XDA Portal (xda-developers.com/developer/[name]) where you can keep people updated about your work (coming a bit later)
Please note: this is not meant to be an exclusive club. We just want to do whatever we can to make life easier and more productive for all the devs out there.