Here is something we have all been waiting to take a look at, the infamous Ice Cream Sandwich. As it would appear, RootzWiki king, Captainkrtek has his hands on a bit of the latest OS from Google. Not truly a hands on experience, but their source was able to provide some great screen shots and relay some information to the boys. Rather than waste you time reading my pointless rambling about how amazingly cool this is, I will leave it up to the boss -
I’m back, after my pics from last year about Gingerbread, I now have some tasty treats, Ice Cream Sandwich These come from a Nexus S running a build of Ice Cream Sandwich, this is a very reliable source and I guarantee the authenticity. as of now, we know ICS is still very early in the works and not 100% functional, so don’t expect to see it coming out next month or anytime soon. We also blacked out some parts of the images to protect the identity of our source.
Some features of ICS that we know (from our source and speculation):
- Blue Themed – Like our site (Change theme on bottom)
- Camera has built in panorama mode
- Will launch with Google Shopper and NFC Enabled devices will be able to utilize those features
- Gmail is all rethemed
- Will be available for the Nexus S
- Nexus Prime gets it first (expected) then other devices will follow after
- Not too many changes, just UI things, don’t think requirements are set too high for year old devices to run it
- The little icon in the bottom right, looks like a tray with multiple apps in it
- Google search bar embedded on very top like Honeycomb
- Apps/Widgets launcher a lot like Honeycomb
- This release is still very early, notice the theming of the power tray
How and where they got their hands on this, well, we don’t question it, we just accept it. Are you guys ready to start seeing this get leaked out and adapted for all of our phones? I know I am.