Although they have just released the Motorola Atrix 2 today, I don’t see it catching much attention. I am cure that has a lot to do with the Samsung Galaxy S II and the iPhone 4s launching recently as well. It is hard to make a device seem high-end when there are better devices that beat them to the punch. Still, if you are a die hard Motorola fan, which I know some of you are, then you might be looking to snag yourself the latest addition.
The Atrix 2 does offer some pretty good specs –
- 4G HSPA+ 21 Mbps (Category 14) connectivity
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 8 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM, 2 GB microSD card (expandable to 32GB)
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 4.3-inch qHD screen 960x540TFT, with more than 500,000 pixels for sharper, clearer display
- 8 MP camera and LED flash
- Front-facing camera
- 1080p HD video capture, 30 frames per second playback
- On Device Encryption (ODE) and Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)
- IPsec VPN
- Optional Lapdock 100 Accessory
The Atrix 2 is available at AT&T for a great price of only $99.99 on a new two year contract. Not to shabby for what you are actually getting. If you happen to be looking to switch over to AT&T to snag this device, you might want to go with the Amazon wireless option though. They have the device set at a cool $50 for a new contract. This deal only applies to new customers though. Existing customers are still getting the short end of the stick with a price tag of $199.99 through Amazon.It seems that this device is ,ore popular than I would have expected though, it is already on backorder. Who would have thunk it?