So many launchers out there, it is kind of hard to choose which one will satisfy your Android needs. Now I have been an avid Go Launcher Ex user while running Gingerbread, and have moved over to Nova Launcher with my beta ICS I am running on my phone. Some users out there, however, might not want all the crazy customizations and features that some of these launchers have. These users just might want to have a simple launcher that gets them from app to app with ease, and or course, speed.
Well in comes FTL (Faster Than Light)Launcher. Pretty much in the name right there. It is a simple launcher that moves quite smoothly and “lightening” fast. Based off of Gingerbread’s Launcher 2, this one comes with a few features even though it is pretty basic:
- Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
- 4 configurable quick launch apps on Dock
- Configurable support for launcher auto-rotation
- Configurable infinite looping of homescreens
- Configurable wallpaper scrolling
- Configurable support for scrollable widgets
- Configurable number of homescreens: 3, 5, 7 or 9
- Configurable transition speed of homescreens
- Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
Now I have not tried this launcher out, simply because I have been rocking some ICS, but I would say give it a shot if you are not wanting something fancy. There is a free lite version on the market, as well as a pro version that will run $2.64. Let us know how it is if you try it.