The Beta for ErnCon, a new space shooter by Android veteran Woo Games, is now open to all Android gamers! ErnCon is a top-down – and very intense – multiplayer shooter for eight simultaneous players over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G. Space aces can choose between fighters or robots (three of each) and more than 15 weapons, including Homing Missiles, Seeking Mines, Rail Guns, Attack Drones and more.
To participate in the Open Beta, just head to the Android Market – it’s a free download. For now, the game will only be available in the U.S., Canada and Europe due to server availability. In-game purchases will also be disabled for the duration of the beta.
The Open Beta should run for a month or so. The current plan is to release ErnCon by the end of March
ErnCon Beta features:
- Epic space combat battles
- Easy multiplayer setup – just choose a mission and start playing right away
- No waiting for lobbies to fill up, no waiting for space to open in over-crowded games
- Earn cash and XP to unlock and purchase new fighters, robots, and weapons
- Earn XP to unlock new multiplayer missions
- Integrated with Swarm
- Add friends and send them boosts to help them in combat. Friends can send back boosts in return!
The following features will be available in the final build:
- One-player Survival Mode
- Survival Mode leaderboards
- Premium items available via in-app-purchases so players can gain an edge over the competition
Head over to the Android Market by clicking or scanning the link below if you’d like to try this game out. It ran super smooth on my Asus Transformer, though I haven’t had much time to sit down and actually play it yet. Looks to be a pretty promising game though! Enjoy!
Developer: Woo Games