Griffin Technology officially launched the new HELO TC Assault on its website on Thursday. The Assault, a remote-helicopter which can be controlled by any Android or iOS device, is the follow-up to Griffin’s HELO TC – a similar device released back in 2011. The device is controlled with a Flight Deck module that plugs into the headphone of your device that works alongside with the HELO TC Assault app, available for free on Google Play.
The device can be flown in two ways — you can use touch control with a virtual joystick on the touchscreen display, or you can utilize the phone’s motion sensors with the tilt-to-steer option. One of the coolest new additions in this latest rendition is a six pack of live-fire missiles that are fired with a quick-press on the touchscreen controls.
As of yesterday, the device is available for $69.99 and can be purchased from Griffin Technology’s website. Check out the full presser and two comical videos below. The first one is the original and the second is the sequel, which also debuted on Thursday with the official announcement of the TC Assault’s launch. We’ll be doing a full review in the coming weeks, once we receive the unit and have time to test it out (and shoot the cat and dog with the missiles, of course).
Nashville, TN â€“ March 22, 2012 â€“ Griffin Technology, one of the worldâ€™s foremost creators of innovations for everyday life, launched HELO TC Assault on its website today. The comical sequel video also debuted today: the boss plots revenge on his employees who made a spectacle of his office using an army of HELO TC copters in a covert air strike mission during Griffinâ€™s first HELO TC video. Griffin has also created paper targets of the main characters in the video to be printed and used for target practice with the HELO TC Assault.
HELO TC Assault ($59.99) features include:
- Flight Deck module that plugs into the headphone jack of any iOS or Android device, turning the device into a controller after downloading the HELO TC Assault app
- Six live-fire missiles launched via a quick tap on the smartphoneâ€™s touchscreen
- Auto Land feature with tap of touchscreen controls
- Two ways to fly: touch control (using a virtual joystick on the touchscreen display) or tilt to steer (tilting the smartphoneâ€™s motion sensors to maneuver the chopper)
- Intuitive, easy-to-learn and easy-to-use controls
- Ability to record up to three Flight Plans for easy repetition
- Stable twin-rotor design
HELO TC Assault, $59.99, is now available for purchase atÂ store.griffintechnology.com/helo-tc-assault. The HELO TC Assault app is a free download from the App Store (itunes.apple.com/us/app/helo-tc/id435802394?mt=8) and Android Market (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.griffintechnology.helotc).