For those of you who require extreme ruggedness or protection for your phone, you might have picked up a Casio G’zOne Commando. It’s not the most powerful of Android phones, but it certainly holds its cup of tea as a rugged handset.
Owners of the device will be glad to know that an update is currently being pushed out (C771M110), and should hit your device anytime within the next couple of days. Some improvements in the update are things like better Push-To-Talk capability, an improved calculator, and some GPS improvements. Although the handset is pretty much “outdated,” it’s nice to see Verizon pushing out updates for this muscular device.
For the full changelog, refer to down below:
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- The factory reset function has been added.
- Setup Wizard will no longer duplicate the “Set up your Google Account” step.
- Skip and rewind buttons will remain active during video or audio playback.
- Successfully set ringback tones for contacts.
- Mass storage mode functions with Windows® 7.
- Improvements in GPS when connected over Wi-Fi.
- Device successfully wakes-up from Sleep Mode.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Exchange Active Sync (EAS) no longer downloads multiple copies of contacts.
- Text messages will send properly when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Deleted emails will sync from the users Exchange account.
- Device will no longer force close when on a call via Bluetooth® and another call comes in.
- Push to Talk feature has been enhanced.
- Improved transition between the Push to Talk call screen and the device Home Screen.
- The device will only switch to speakerphone mode when Bluetooth is disconnected during a Push to Talk call.
Applications & Widgets
- The Follow Me avatar within VZ Navigator® now functions properly.
- VZ Navigator notifications announce properly in a mono Bluetooth headset.
- Album artwork will display for music purchased from iTunes.
- Fixed Home App force close error.
- Social Beat has been updated to version 2.1.22.
- Calculator has been improved.