The latest release is one that many people have been waiting for, Rule the Kingdom. They take the classic RPG approach, mix in some city-building, sprinkle on some farming, mix it all together with a little story telling and lay it out on a massive fantasy world.
You take on the role of the Royal Lord or Lady and are attempting to return the kingdom to its former glory. Sounds easy right? Not really. There are more than 1,000 quests, monster bosses, learning magic, collect gems to create weapons and armor sets across 12 campaigns. Lets not forget that when you aren’t out exploring the country side, defeating attacking enemies and struggling to stay alive, yo also need to build your Kingdom and feed your people. You need to build houses, harvest crops and collect resources. I am already tired just thinking about it.
“Rule The Kingdom is the first, of what we plan to be many, crossover mobile titles appealing to
casual and core gamers,” said Leonid Sirotin, Chief Producer at Game Insight. “Our expertise in
city-building titles and gameplay has allowed us to layer in core role-playing features that offer
an even deeper gameplay experience.”
Take a gander at the game play trailer and see what you think -
- Learn arcane battle magic and unleash dozens of screen-shattering spells upon your enemies
- Train your squad of hearty warriors who will remain loyal to the very end
- Enhance your hero’s battle prowess with hundreds of unique items and forbidden potions
- Craft legendary artifacts to help smite even the deadliest foes
- Rebuild your lost kingdom: construct dozens of productive buildings and help your subjects as their wise and kindly ruler
- For your kingdom to thrive, take charge of production on one of your many farms; order your subjects to gather resources, such as wood, stone and oils to keep your kingdom growing
- Face the many dangers lurking in the dark corners of the Empire; battle through lush forests, scorching deserts and snow-blasted tundra to become a true hero of the empire!
See, what did I tell you? Looks pretty epic. I am almost afraid to download it and start playing. I have a habit of burning through batteries and losing sleep sometimes. There does seem to be one annoyance that many people in the comments section have pointed out, the constant nag to post your recent achievement to Facebook or Twitter. So watch out if you hate annoying pop ups in games. For the rest of you that could careless about it and want to pick it up and give it a try, then hit up the QR code below. You know how to use it, don’t you?
Application: Rule the Kingdom
Developer: Game Insight International