For those of you who have been waiting for Android 4.0 ICS to hit your HTC or Samsung device on T-Mobile, your wait might be coming to an end. TMoNews has uncovered what seems to be an “Enterprise Calendar” for the next couple of months, and inside the document it clearly states that the Samsung Galaxy S II is slated to get ICS on May 14, while the HTC Sensation 4G and Amaze 4G are getting the update on June 16.
What seems to AmazeÂ me is that the HTC devices are getting the update more than a month after the GSII. I mean, isn’t ICS supposed to be a Sensation? (Sorry for the bad puns)
In addition to ICS updates, we also have some news on future devices that T-Mobile will be offering, listed below:
May 14: Samsung Galaxy S II
June 16:Â HTC Sensation 4GÂ and Amaze 4G
New Device Launches
- 5/9 — Huawei Astro — low end handset on 7/11
- 7/11 — Huawei Buddy — new myTouch (QWERTY)
- 7/11 — Huawei Phoenix — new myTouch (Touchscreen only)
- 7/11 — Samsung Gravity TXT (new color)
- 8/1 — Samsung Cacao, T159 indicates low end
- 8/15 — Samsung Apex Q — no word on what this is
One interesting part to this calendar is that there are pretty much no high end devices being launched in the month of June, or overall. Maybe the Samsung Apex Q is the Galaxy S III? Highly doubt it. But maybe T-Mobile has something up their sleeves that they’re just not willing to share yet.