A pretty slick-looking mock-up was recently created by Killu-Chan and released on Concept-Phones.com. Showing a sexy edge-to-edge screened device that has some design elements straight out of the Motorola design team. Or so it would look to us. They even offer up a bit of speculative specs that could and would, make the next Nexus a sure-fire winner.
- Super AMOLED display with 5 inch diagonal and 720p resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection
- 32GB of storage
- 8GB of RAM
- HSDPA 42 Mbps connectivity
- microUSB 2.0 with MHL and USB on the go
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Back camera is a 12 megapixel sensor with autofocus, LED flash and simultaneous HD video and image recording, touch focus, image stabilization and face and smile detection. 1080p video capture at 30 fps
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera with 720p capture at 30 fps
- 3200 mAh battery
- Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1
- Quad core Nvidia Tegra 23 quad-core 2 GHz processor
- GPU ULP GeForce
Crazy sounding right? While many of the features seem extremely plausible, we would have to call BS on the RAM. 8GB? Seriously? The battery isn’t to far-fetched though, considering the mock-up looks Motorola in nature and the RAZR MAXX has accomplished that feat with a 3300mAh battery. But I have never know Motorola to use Tegra chips. That could change of course being that this would be a Nexus device. Plus we still have no idea who is making the next Nexus to begin with. On a side note though, there was rumor a while back that a few Nexus variants from multiple companies would be hitting the Play Store at some point in time. Who knows, maybe Motorola, Samsung and HTC will all be putting one out.