A few weeks ago Sprint announced
via their blog that the HTC EVO 3D
and EVO Design would be getting a tasty Ice Cream Sandwich update sometime in early August. If you have looked at the calendar at least once today, you know that it is only July 31st. However, reports are coming in from various forums and even a comment made directly on the Sprint blog that the ICS OTA’s are starting to roll out for the HTC EVO 3D.
I just got my Ice Cream Sandwich OTA!!!
Android 4.0 adds numerous enhancements and new features, including:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
While the update moves your EVO 3D to ICS, it does only bring Sense 3.6 along with it. At least it is better than nothing though, right. Hit up the settings menu of your device and see if you can get the update to pull through for you. In traditional OTA fashion, it could take a few weeks before all handsets get the update. Now we just need the official word from Sprint that it is out and this wasn’t just a test release or an accident.
Now where is the EVO Design’s ICS update. Early August is right around the corner, literally.
Source: Sprint, XDA
Update – Looks like Sprint finally has the changelog and OTA update information posted on their site . Looks like we missed it by 16 minutes. So here you go, a little bit of what you are getting out of the update.
Share This Article....
If you like that, Try these....