We didn’t cover the leaked info of an update coming for Google Drive. We figured we would just wait and see what it was all about when Google finally pushed the update through to the Play Store. After waiting for that to happen for a few days, we are pleased to let you know that the Google Drive app has been updated today. The latest update adds in quite a bit of new stuff that we are some of you have been itching for. Check it out.
What’s in this version:
What’s new in this version:
1. Create folder, upload to folder and move to folder
2. Filter folder contents by file type
3. Option to auto-sync pinned content while on 3G
4. Richer Google Presentations viewing experience
5. Basic table support in Documents Editor
6. Create, reply and resolve comments in Documents Editor
7. View and change fonts in Documents Editor
8. Pinch to zoom in Documents Editor
9. Print files using Google Cloud Print
10. Option to resume interrupted uploads
Updates for Android
We’re also updating the Drive app for Android phones and tablets today. You can now add comments, reply to existing comments and view tables in your Google documents. And you’ll have the same new abilities to view presentations and organize your stuff as your friends with iPhones do.
Looks pretty good to us. We have no doubt in our minds that Google has any plans to stop working on Google Drive to make it the best cloud based service around. To snag the updated app you can just head to the Play Store and hit the My Apps sections. If that is too much work for you, then you can always just click or scan the QR code found below. Have a great Monday everyone.
Application: Google Drive
Developer: Google Inc.
Time for an update. I am the proud father of three, 2, 8, and 11. I finally just moved up from the Samsung Vibrant to the Samsung Galaxy S III...... Let me tell you, it is mind blowing. I love Android, I love tech and I love my family. Not in that order though. I work to hard, play even harder and take care of all that are around me when I can.