This bad boy is still in Pre-Order status and will run youÂ AU$419.95.
Stats (from the site)
ScoscheÂ – Find you car under “Select Your Vehicle”Â or
MetraÂ – Find you car under “Vehicle Fit Guide”
Our open frame touchscreen/monitor will then need to be fitted to above selected dash kit for your vehicle. Our monitor doesn’t simply “clip” in so you will need to secure it in place.
Please note, this setup will require an additional amplifier connected to RCA audio outputs.
- 7″ monitor with touchscreen
- L/R Channel RCA audio connection (Line level extracted from Digital HDMI connection)
- MimicsX2 module
- Universal or Type “A” sender (Select)
- MimicsX2 cable harness for power, etc
Touchscreen monitor features:
- Size: 7″
- Touchscreen: 4-wire integrated (Anti-glare)
- Screen type: TMR
- Active Area (mm): 152.40 x 91.40
- Outline dimension(mm): 163.20 x 104.00
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- Backlight: LED
- Brightness(cd/mÂ²): 300
- Contrast Ratio: 400:1
- Composite input: 2 inputs (reverse camera A/V)
- HDMI input: 1 Input for smartphone connection. Some devices require additional MHL cable
- Trigger wires: 1 x reverse (back-up) camera, 1 x screen dimmer (Illumination)
| SUPPORTED DEVICES |
All Motorola DROID with HDMI outputs
Samsung Galaxy S2/S3
HTC EVO 4G (LTE)
Atrix (Use Photon ROM)
APPLEÂ (Jailbreak Required)
(up to iOS5.1.1 is supported)
The Down Side
With all good things there is never a perfect thing. In this case, when replacing your carÂ stereoÂ with a touchscreen car dock, you lose something big that I enjoy, THE RADIO. Yes, there are things like Pandora and the FM radio. They areÂ greatÂ alternativesÂ to that, but what about those times you’re not in a not so greatÂ serviceÂ area? Also, like most car owners today, chances are you have a CD car stereo. Replacing that with the touchscreen denies you the ability to pull a CD out or pop a new one in.
The Touch screen from customGadzÂ is still, withoutÂ personallyÂ owning, an amazing device that I would want. With a price of $419.95, it’s not bad at all. Most touchscreenÂ stereosÂ will run you into the $600-$800 range. ProfessionalÂ installationÂ isÂ advised for this to work correctly. Also, if you have any questions about this feel free to email them as they are very friendly and helpful. Let them know AndroidSPIN sent you.