Earlier, we told you guys that a Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2.2 was in a beta test. Now, not so much. Now you can download the OTA update and get it on your phone as soon as your internet will let you. There are some instructions though, so make sure you follow directions carefully:
*For 100% stock Android 4.1.1 (JRO03O), but with root and custom recovery.
*Keep in mind that this is technically a test build.
1. If you are rooted and with a custom recovery, download the file from above to your phone.
2. Reboot your phone into recovery.
*Hold both Volume Up and Down plus Power at the same time until you see a “Start” button appear.
3. Choose “install zip from sdcard.”
4. Find the file you downloaded, and select it.
5. Once it finishes, reboot your phone and enjoy 4.2.2.
*Working on non-root instructions, but unfortunately 4.1.1 can’t do the adb sideload command.
So there you have it Big Red users. Sorry it is only for rooted phones at the moment. Download link is down below. Let us know how it works out for you.
Source: OMG Droid