The iOS community is no stranger to Field Runners 2. It has been available to them since last July. I know, talk about a long turn over time to bring it to Android. I am just happy to see it coming. FR2 is packing quite the punch from I am reading. Check out a list of the key features of the sequel.
• Pint sized invaders seeking revenge!
• A tower that launches bee hives!
• Tons of levels in a 20+ hour campaign!
• Revolutionary AI – each enemy creates a dynamic, realistic path through the battlefield!
• Gorgeous, hand painted, 2D graphics by award-winning artists!
• 20 unique, upgradeable weapons!
• Custom load-outs let you pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
• Air strikes, mines and powerful items so you can strike with the precision of a surgeon!
• Time Trial, Sudden Death and Puzzle maps bring all new challenges to tower defense!
• Trenches, bridges and tunnels add new dimensions to gameplay!
• Collect all the Elite enemies to become the ultimate tower defense champion!
• A tower that turns enemies into barnyard animals!
If you are a fan of the first one, or happen to have an iOS device and Android, you might want to pop over to their site. They are currently accepting applications to be part of the closed beta testing for the upcoming game. If you are selected, you will get a demo version of Field Runners 2 that will give you the tutorial level and Grasslands, don’t go expecting the entire game. The application only takes a minute to fill in. What are you waiting for? Head over to Subatomic Studios and fill out that form.