As of today, the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) is officially receiving an update to bring the device up to Android 4.3. Not all at once of course. It seems the staged rollout is starting in Germany and will work its way around the globe in typical staged fashion. SamMobile has a great live feed of the update tracker on their page that shows off the carrier and country.
The update doesn’t offer too much in the way of visual changes that you might notice right away, but there are a number of under the hood goodies to look forward too.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
– OpenGL 3.0 Support
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
– Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
– Improved RAM management
– Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
– Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
– New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
– New Camera firmware
– Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Overall it should use less battery and be a bit quicker. You can check for an OTA through the device or plug your GT-I9505 into your PC and head to KIES and see if it is available. Best of luck to you.
Now, how long before the carriers in the U.S. get an update together?