Amon_RA has just released a new recovery image for the Google Nexus One. Â The new version has quiteÂ a few extra features that we’ve seen in some of the beta releases recently, but now they are all packaged in the official release. Â The ability to mount the SD and EXT partitions during a ROM installation allow this latest version to support some of the new extra large ROMs that need installation to more than the regular system space of your Phone. Â There’s lots more so be sure to check out the feature list below the screen shot.
Use theÂ trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press theÂ trackball to select items. Use theÂ Volume-down key to go back to a previous menu.
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Alternative CyanogenMOD version with Cyan colors and CM Logo
- Busybox v1.15.3
- Kernel (220.127.116.11) with ext3 + ext4 supportÂ *NEW
- SLCD and AMOLED supportÂ *NEW
- HW-Key navigation (Trackball + Volume-key) option
- Extended menu :
- Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
- USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
- Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup (/sdcard/.android_secure includedÂ *NEW), the following partitions are NOT included :
- Recovery (to avoid restoring old version)
- Misc (no need to backup imo + restore issues on some phones)
- Splash1+2 (no need to backup imo + restore issues on some phones)
- Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
- Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
- Backup Google proprietary system files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
- Restore Google proprietary system files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
- Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from any (sub)-directory on your sdcardÂ *NEW
- WipeÂ *NEW
- Wipe ALL userdata :: wipes /data + /cache + entire ext partition + all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
- Wipe only /data :: wipes /data.
- Wipe only /sd-ext :: wipes the entire ext partition on your sd (if present).
- Wipe only /sdcard/.android_secure :: wipes all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
- Wipe only /cache :: wipes /cache.
- Wipe only Dalvik-cache :: wipes the dalvik-cache located in /cache + /data + /sd-ext is present.
- Wipe only battery stats :: reset the battery calibration.
- Wipe only rotate settings :: reset the sensor calibration.
- Partition sdcard
- Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
- Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
- SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
- SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
- MountsÂ *NEW
- (Un)Mount /system
- (Un)Mount /cache
- (Un)Mount /data
- (Un)Mount /sd-ext
- (Un)Mount /sdcard
- Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
- Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
- Toggle Signature Verify :: Toggles the signature verification for zip files.Â *NEW
- Power off :: Powers off your phone
- Scripts available via adb :
If you have a rooted Google Nexus One then you need to have the best recovery tool available to control all your backups, flashing, partitioningÂ and everything else that goes along with managing andÂ optimizingÂ your device. Â The best tool available today is made by Amon_RA and it should be on your phone.
Download version 2.0 of Amon-RA’s Google Nexus One Recovery image now.