Patience is a virtue they say. While I can agree with that to some degree, technology and the “instant” gratification it can bring certainly makes our patience run thin when it comes to updates. Those of you that are still holding on to dear life with your Samsung Galaxy S4 with AT&T are in for a treat as the company has posted details on the device picking up Android 5.0 today. The update brings along all the visual elements of Material Design that Samsung saw fit to carry over to the devices TouchWiz UI. Here’s the list that AT&T provided.
Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Details at: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
- Removal of Code Scanner, Browser Bar and Softcard apps
Yes, the pre-installed Softcard app will be removed entirely now too. That whole ordeal is a rather interesting story going from ISIS to Softcard to selling to Google. Moving right along though, users will want to make sure they are well over 50% on their battery life, have a solid Wi-Fi connection available and some time to kill to get it installed as it weighs in at 947MB’s. They don’t say anything about the update being available via Samsung Kies though. If you still sport a stock Galaxy S4 on AT&T, then head to Settings > About Device > Software update > Check for updates. Hopefully it is waiting for you.