Yesterday AT&T started rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop updates to the Samsung Galaxy S4. Needless to say, that didn’t go over well with Samsung Galaxy S5 owners. I am pleased to inform you that the update wasn’t too far off though as AT&T has posted the details on the update to Lollipop for Galaxy S5 owners today.
Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Details at: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
The file size is slightly larger than the Galaxy S4 variant and weighs in at 1.4GB’s. I checked on the Galaxy S5 Active, but it doesn’t appear to have an update just yet. If you have a Galaxy S5 on AT&T’s network, be sure to get that battery charged up over 50%, latch onto a solid Wi-Fi connection and be ready to spend some time waiting for the file to download and install.