The HTC Desire Eye was nothing short of an interesting device. Personally, I would have rather had that then an M8. It just seemed… cooler. I don’t know. All of you who did choose to pick one up are in for a special little treat tomorrow. According to HTC’s VP of Product Management, the HTC Desire Eye has received technical approval for Lollipop and it is set to roll out June 30th.
Great news for HTC Desire Eye AT&T owners! We've just received technical approval for Lollipop update! OTA to start tomorrow!
— Mo Versi (@moversi) June 30, 2015
He doesn’t mention which version of Lollipop will be coming though. I would love to assume that it is Android 5.1. However, it is safer to bet that it is Android 5.0 since that is what went out to international versions back in April. If you have the HTC Desire with AT&T be on the look out for an update to grace your device anytime around midnight and beyond. You will, as usual, want well over 50% battery life, a solid Wi-Fi connection and some time to kill for it to download and install.
If any users see it, be sure to share any details as to what version it is and additional features that get listed. I’ll check in with AT&T in the morning to see what they have to say on the subject.
Update: AT&T has updated the Desire Eye support page to reflect the update that is rolling out. As expected, it is Android 5.0, not Android 5.1.
Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Details at: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
Via Mo Versi Twitter | AT&T Desire Eye support page