We have formed a small group to put together the next version of AndroidSPIN and would like to get feedback and input from the development community.
A FREE central repository for the Android Community with FREE, Unlimited bandwidth File Hosting for Android related content.
Yes, We will be hosting ROMs and files for all Android phones not just the G1 / Dream as previously.
We are currently working on the new site. Some of the functionality the new site will include is:
- Each developer will have their own section in our system where theyÂ will be able to post details about your ROMs. The information will be similar to the current Android ROM database only searchable in ways you can only dream aboutâ€¦.Well, many ways anyway.
e.g. You will be able to go into the database and say you want a ROM for the G1 that has Bluetooth support, Tethering and the Rosie UI and the database will provide you with a list of the compatible ROMs.
- You will also have ROM upload space (no more searching for free accounts) and your ROM files will be tied to the database so people can download them directly and not have to switch between the ROM database and XDA or whatever else.
- You will have full access to anything related to your ROMs so you can keep the info up to date.
- We will provide RSS / XML streams for other people to use for almost anything. So if you want to write a single ROM update program for the Android Phones, you can write the app and take the latest info directly from the ROM database feeds. This will mean that the data will always be the latest info from a common location as long as we can get your support.
- Youâ€™d be able to see how many times youâ€™re ROM has been downloaded and how the community rates it.
Itâ€™s up to you and the community to let us know what you want from the system.
We want to build this correct from the beginning. We want to build something that the community will really use and benefit from.
This is just the start of things to come and we need your input!!!
- What do you want to see?
- What will help you get your ROMs, Themes, Applications and more out to the community quickly and easily?
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and include the information listed below (or as much as you feel comfortable sharing). Also include any thoughts and suggestions, no matter how wild they may seem.Â We’ll consider anything.
I’m currently setting up profiles for developer accounts and need the following information from you:
- Full Name ( this will not be shared with anyone)
- Email Address ( this will not be shared with anyone)
- Nick Name
- Location (or at least time zone) ( this will not be shared with anyone)
- Twitter Account
- Blog Page
- Home page
- A brief description about yourself and what you develop
That should do for now.