With the latest system software for the T-Mobile G2 that will be released later this yearÂ supposedly leaked today, the developers of the community are digging through the image to see what goodies might be in store. @Cyanogen tweeted the following:
G2 is a brand new Qualcomm platform.. ro.board.platform=msm7x30
If this is the chipset in the G2, what does the MSM7x30 chipset do to make the G2 better than current Snapdragon based phones?
We already know from a post on AndroidPolice that the following features should be supported:
- 720P video encoding (recording) and decoding at 30FPS
- Integrated 2D/3D GPUâ€™s with OpenGL ES 2.0 and Open VG 1.1 API support
- 5.1 surround sound output
- Up to 12 megapixel camera support
- Integrated GPS
- Support for processor speeds between 800MHz and 1GHz (Scorpion CPUâ€™s, same as Snapdragonâ€™s)
Here are a couple of very interesting videos I found from a Qualcomm demonstration that shows some concept phones built from the very same chipset and some more info explained by the dude in the video:
So this could turn the G2 into a multimedia powerhouse and a worthy successor to the G1. Are you excited yet ?