Yes folks the title is right. Motorola is prepping an update for the Motorola Charm users, however don’t expect to see Android 2.2 (Froyo). Although I am sure there are many frustrated Charm users out there because they don’t have Android 2.2, at least Motorola is still working on improvements for your device. Check out the full list below on what to expect in your update.
- Wi-Fi calling
- New Applications (SlackerRadio and NAB Applications)
- Stability Fixes
- Calender updates
- Battery updates
- Security updates
- Audio improvements (Amazon MP3)
- Text message fix
- Improved audio quality
That seems like quite a decent list considering the device and what is currently available on the market, as I would think Motorola would be investing more time in their new devices rather than updating older entry level handsets. Kudos to Motorola!
So you want to know how to get this update eh? Good because I plan to tell you, however this update is not planned to be pushed until Friday March 11th, 2011.
Instructions for Installing Software
For a successful installation, we recommend installing these updates while the battery in your phone is at least 50% charged. Make sure you have an active SIM card installed in your phone.
If you have received a notification message for this update:
1. Select “Download”
2. After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”
3. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically
4. Your phone is now updated with 3.90.7 software
If you have not received a notification message for this update:
1. Select the Settings icon in the main menu
2. Select “About phone”
3. Select “System updates”
4. Select “Download”
5. After the software is downloaded, select “Install”
6. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically
7. Your phone is now updated with 3.90.7 software
Via: Motorola Forums