After all the the procrastinations, regardless of the reasoning, the Samsung Droid Charge 4G is finally making its way to stores. The device will be the first in the “Droid” line of phones to have 4G LTE capabilities and will also be Samsung’s first phone to join the exclusive Verizon line of Android products. The Droid Charge features a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display which provides the perfect stage for the mind blowing graphics streaming courtesy of the 1GHz Hummingbird processor. The display offers an exceptional canvas for viewing pictures and video captured via the Charge’s 8MP main camera or 1.3MP front facing camera.
The Samsung Droid Charge 4G will be landing in Verizon physical stores tonight and will be available at midnight via their online store for $299.99. Wirefly has mentioned that they will be offering this phone online as well at 12am (PST), for an undisclosed price. As we know, Wirefly is known for offering phones at exceptional prices (usually tremendously undercutting the competition as seen by their recent Nexus S 4G sale). More information on the Droid Charge 4G release can be found in the press release below.
DROID Charge Joins Verizon Wireless’ Android Family
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced that the DROID Charge by Samsung will be available for purchase in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com.
The DROID Charge is designed with Samsung’s 4.3-inch Super AMOLED™ Plus display, setting a new touchscreen standard for brightness, clarity and outdoor visibility. The DROID Charge is equipped with both a rear-facing 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for both stills and video chatting. The smartphone’s 1 GHz application processor and HTML 5 Web browser maximizes high-speed 4G LTE connectivity for faster downloads and graphics processing.
- 4G LTE – Customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
- Android 2.2 platform – Support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps and access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Adobe® Flash® Player compatible
- Mobile Hotspot capability – Share 4G connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices.
- Samsung Media Hub – Samsung’s own content service, offering a vast lineup of critically acclaimed films and TV programs for rent or purchase
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring Swype technology
Pricing and data plans:
- The DROID Charge by Samsung will be available for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- DROID Charge customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Unlimited 4G LTE data packages start at $29.99 monthly access. Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.
For more information about the DROID Charge by Samsung, visit www.droiddoes.com/charge. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.