Well this just is not fair. My phone (the HTC One S) came out before the HTC One X and there is already a one-click root for the One X. It is okay though, the process to root the One S is not that bad and I am happy that I got it done already. Now for tbhose of you that own the One X and were afraid of attempting to root the super phone, there is not a simple one-click root process that will hopefully make your rooting dreams come tru.
The method comes from XDA member kennethpenn, and you can use this method on Windows, MAC, and Linux. There are 7 simple steps as followed:
- Download and install the HTC mobile phone drivers. [Windows]
- Download the root.zip file.
- Extract root.zip into a directory on your computer.
- Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB. Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X. Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
- Double click root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script.
- Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.
If you notice it says “double-click root.bat”. So maybe this should not be called a one-click method, huh? Oh well, at least it is very simple and make sure you follow each step carefully. Let us know if it worked out for you.