The story of HTC is slowly becoming a tragedy. The once popular OEM that gave us the very first official Android phone, and the first Nexus phone, continues to sink into the abyss with no signs of recovering. Many HTC executives have now departed ways from the company, and you got to wonder what the next step will be. Here is a list of executives that have already jumped ship:
- Chief Product Officer – Kouji Kodera (responsible for HTC’s overall product strategy)
- Vice President of global communications - Jason Gordon
- Global retail marketing manager – Rebecca Rowland
- Director of digital marketing – John Starkweather
- Product strategy manager – Eric Lin
Peter Chou reported that if the HTC One did not pull the company out of the quicksand he would step down as CEO of the company. No word yet on if that is gong to happen in the near future. One HUGE mistake HTC made this year, has definitely got to be the HTC First. It only took a month before the commercials stopped running, and the price dropped nearly 100%. We can all hope that the HTC One will lift the OEM from the deep hole it has fallen in, but it might be just a little too late. Let us know what you guys think about this.
Source: Android Guys